Saturday, October 12, 2013

Pure Michigan - a distilled taste.

The adorable Petoskey, Michigan

In October 2013 I got to spend a week in Michigan, photographing my firm's projects. Though it was technically a business trip, I was on my own for a week, driving around the Mitten state solo. I covered 680 miles in 5 days, starting in Detroit and going aaaaaallll the way north to Petoskey, back down to Kalamazoo, and finally to Grand Rapids. And though I shot at college and university campuses during the day, I had the afternoons and evenings free to explore a bit. Amazingly, despite it being October, the weather was absolutely divine, with sunny and breezy 70+ degree days and cool summer-like nights all week long. Here are some highlights:

Detroit, MI


Royal Oak neighborhood of Detroit

Petoskey! This tiny town on the coast of Lake Michigan has always been a popular summer vacation destination.






salmon fishing. Check out the size of the fish being hauled up by the guy on the far bank.


Nature hikes through the woods in Petoskey



Sunset on campus of North Central Michigan College

Frederick Meijer Park and Sculpture Garden in Grand Rapids is an amazing indoor/outdoor venue for art, exotic gardens, and installations. A must visit!















An indoor glass art exhibit at Meijer.






tropical exotic plants at Meijer





No comments:

Post a Comment